Powered By Blogger

Friday 29 April 2016

Hello I am away

30th April 2016.

Last Thursday I didn't have the Internet connection and the same yesterday. Now I am at my summer house and the net works.Hello again.
 
 
I took these photos yesterday when I visited it with my students.




The Liberation Mound is the highest point of Piekary Śląskie. It rises to 356 meters above sea level. From the top one can see a panorama of the four corners of the world.
With good visibility people armed with binoculars can admire the distant ranges of the Tatra Mountains, lying more than 160 km away. Closer you can see blocks of apartments and church towers and chimneys of Zagłębie Dąbrowskie, a region of Upper Silesia. The mound was between1932 and 1937 to commemorate the 250th anniversary of the Polish victory under Vienna and the 15th anniversary of the incorporation of Silesia into Poland.
 
 
See you in the afternoon.

6 comments:

  1. I would most certainly climb the mound for the views.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew I was last year so I will upolad photos soon

      Delete
  2. I was hoping for a photo from the top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting Liberation "Mould".
    I think you mean "Over" Vienna ie: The Hapsburgs???
    Colin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colin you are right. I love your sense of humour

      Delete